Different faiths seeking understanding
and common good
Meeting monthly on First Thursdays, September-June
See CALENDAR for our latest activities!
Next INTERFAITH COUNCIL gathering is Thursday, JAN. 3rd, 6:30 p.m. at First Church of Christ, Scientist (Madison & High School Roads, Bainbridge Island)
Seasonal Alternative Gifts opportunity
Read more on our CALENDAR page
An association of many different faith groups in the Bainbridge Island/North Kitsap area,
sharing, respecting and celebrating our different religious traditions
and seeking common, faith-based ground in working together
for the good in our community and beyond.
Our stated purposes:
- to work for dignity, justice and opportunity for all persons;
- to speak for the voiceless, confront violence and oppression and bring healing to the wounded;
- to assist a greater responsiveness to human need in the institutions, structures and environment in our community;
- to nurture peace among and unity within communities and nations;
- to care for the earth, defending the rights of all its creatures and seeking the reverent and equitable use of its resources;
- to welcome dialogue with people of all faiths, recognizing that we are enriched through their presence and collaboration;
- to work with people of all faiths for the common good.
Bay Hay & Feed (Howard Block and Ce-Ann Parker) received the 2011 "Repairing the World" Award
from the Interfaith Council's Annual Meeting
IFC on Record
Periodically, the InterFaith Council discusses and decides to make a collective statement on a situation of note.
The InterFaith Council either organizes or supports numerous community-building efforts.
Members of IFC congregations offer faith-based insights on topics of interest or concern to people in our community. Most of the short essays have been published in the Bainbridge Review.